Evil Dead Rise trailer and few words

Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2 were two of my favorite films back in the eighties. Bruce Campbell fighting his way out of the creepy haunted cabin and taking on all those demons and possessed creatures was a sight to see. I sure that is why I got into the Horror genre to begin with. At time the time the effects were top notch and really freaked you out to see all the gore projected onto the screen and although you knew it was made up it still scared the you know what out of you. 

The third Evil Dead film Army Of Darkness was very good too but I felt the originality of the first two films was missing. I really did enjoy Army Of Darkness on its own but I don't think I found the same affinity as the previous ones.

I missed a lot of the in between stuff such as Ash Vs Evil Dead series on Stars Network. So I can't speak on any of that. I managed to watch the Evil Dead Remake from 2013. I enjoyed the film on its own but again I felt that the film did not fit with the original two and some may feel that it did, for me it was just something that was not working right with it. 

Today I watched the brand new trailer for Evil Dead Rise and it look promising as a new horror film but once again I don't think its part of any of the previous films other than the title referring to it. What I mean is that it's filled with gore and tons of blood everywhere and I'm certain that I'm probably talking to soon and it may well be amazing.

A family is tormented by their own mother. First impression is terrifying, filled with gore, possession and all the signs of Evil Dead genre. I also have to add the promotional photos are reminiscent of Demons 1985 by Dario Argento classic demon woman with fish eye camera angle. The classic chainsaw is back and a horrific bathroom scene with mom sticking to the ceiling.

I am hoping that this will be a great film and not complete cheese but let's all wait and see. Official release date April 21 2023 in theaters. Below is a link to the trailer. 


Got a film out that needs a review? send me a comment here or email me at wakingkhaos@yaoo.com for details on getting a review.


Comments

Popular Posts