The Devil Conspiracy review

I got the chance to watch this film in theaters. We arrived late so the first ten minutes are a blank. However, we picked up the main plot fairly easily. An underground cult discovered a way to extract DNA from historical figures such as great composers, artist and prominent figures from the past.

Their main objective is to resurrect Jesus himself as a new child in current times but with the intent to possess this new Jesus with the devil.

Bring in Michael the archangel to prevent all this from happening. Ok, so obviously there's a lot more to it but you get the idea.

The film runs about one hour and thirty minutes which is the standard. If you are familiar with the bible, much of the references will make sense. I'm a bit novice to those references so I had the help of my girlfriend as she was joining me while watching this film.

At times this felt like an action movie. Car chases, gun fights and all sorts of other intense moments that you loose track of what is going on but you always get dialed back.

Ok, so my favorite parts would be the ether realms where all the demons and some trapped innocent angels reside. Great scenes and graphic. 

And some parts that were just a bit silly for me. The scene were the mother almost escapes the facility. The banter back and forth between the woman holding her hostage was weird and silly and I could have just skipped it altogether. Without spoiling it. You'll have to see it to know what I mean. My rating from 1 to 10, I am going to give it a 7 and half. Maybe not one for the theaters but a Netflix evening with popcorn would be good.


Comments

Popular Posts